Description

MUSINGS OF A PERSONAL STYLE ADVISOR AND SHOPPER BASED IN CHESHIRE.

Tuesday 10 July 2012

The most important dress of my life?

I'm so excited to say that on Saturday I'm dress shopping, not for a client but for me.

And this dress has got to be special. You see after the kids, the mortgage, the pets, the extension, the new kitchen etc etc, we are finally getting married.

So the dress (I want to keep roughly on the blog's topic although some wedding talk may sneak in). What do I want from my dress? Well I have curves and hey I'm ok with that, but I need the dress to flatter them. I want the dress that represents me and not a 'brides costume' and obviously I want to feel amazing in it and of course for Mr Style to like it.

There is something niggling away at me though, and here's my conundrum. Wedding dresses cost a fortune, they don't go with anything else in your wardrobe and (in theory) you will wear it for a day and then never wear it again. This goes against pretty much everything I believe clothes should be and after all we are talking about a dress.

Don't get me wrong, I am lusting after a few dresses that would make the bank manager's eyes water and I want to feel special, but hundred of pounds on a dress? - oh who am I kidding, Mr Style won't read this - thousands of pounds on a dress! There's no getting away from the fact that weddings are a dear do.

So what style do you think I'll go for? What was your wedding dress like or if you're not married what's your dream dress like?

I'll keep you posted on the dress hunt.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog! would you mind following each other via bloglovin? :) xx

    /Malin @ http://fashionfied.tk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...