Description

MUSINGS OF A PERSONAL STYLE ADVISOR AND SHOPPER BASED IN CHESHIRE.

Monday 9 July 2012

Jeans with BBC Radio Manchester

My poor neglected blog, I must admit I kinda lost my blogging mojo.  Although I have written for other blogs and contributed to other businesses newsletters, I did abondon mine for a while.  There's only so many hours in the day and with running a business, raising a family and living life in general (with a massive family bereavement inbetween) the blog suffered.  So I have vowed to do better and perhaps put a different spin on things, make it more personal? What do you think?

So what have I been up to?  Recently I was asked back to appear as guest stylist on BBC Radio Manchester's Retail Therapy show.  Last time I was featured shopping for a busy business mum.  This time I was asked to talk about jeans.

Jeans are one of those items that people just hate to shop for.  I hear all the time about gaping waistbands, too short/long legs, muffin tops, big bums - you get the idea.

My challenge was to find flattering and stylish jeans that didn't have a designer price tag.  Easy peasy (for me)!
  Nearly all stores offer a couple of denim lines, some more flattering and better quality than others.  The key to buying denim is to go for the best quality you can afford, just the right amount of stretch and as always an understanding of your body shape a must - this way you can avoid any of the annoying, but common fit problems.  Jeans are a really important element of most of our wardrobes (a capsule item) and if you get a pair that fits and flatters and can be worn a variety of ways then that's a winner as far as I'm concerned.  

Here's some of the items I selected on the day.  My special shop is ideal for buying jeans, so if you would like help choosing the perfect pair click here for more details.


What is your favourite denim brand? Have you found your perfect jeans?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...