Description

MUSINGS OF A PERSONAL STYLE ADVISOR AND SHOPPER BASED IN CHESHIRE.

Tuesday 29 November 2011

A weekend at Andrea Claire

This weekend I was so pleased to be asked to run a body shape clinic at a local boutique, Andrea Claire.  I was there over 2 days, and as well as a free session with me, customers were treated to drinks, nibbles and competitions.

I advised people on how they can dress to enhance their shape and used the pieces in store to demonstrate and on a couple of occasions showed the ladies how a tweak here and there with their own clothes could make a massive difference.  As I always do, I forced the ladies to look at their positives, it's always so easy for people to give me a long list of things they don't like about themselves but in most cases it's only noticeable to them.  Of course I gave them tools to disguise these areas as this gave them more confidence but at the same time I shifted their focus to enhancing their positives.
Gina Bacconi, available in emerald green
Andrea Claire is located in Cheadle Hulme, and is home to a unique Joseph Ribcoff Studio (one of my favourite lines in store).  Joseph Ribcoff is a Canadian label and the pieces suit all body shapes, from very glamorous evening wear to casual day wear - there is something for everyone.  Throughout the store there are little pieces that jump out at you, from the gorgeous jewellery and handbags, to the knitwear and outerwear.  Another highlight for me was Gina Bacconi, if like me, you love a bit of sparkle then this is a label for you.

Joseph Ribcoff
The thing that struck me whilst I was there was the difference in this shopping experience and shopping in the larger stores.  I spend a lot of time in the shops, and I won't lie, as a personal shopper I mostly spend my time in the larger stores and high street, I have experienced the best of customer service and probably some of the worst and don't even get me started on the changing rooms...

But here's the thing, at Andrea Claire every lady that walked through the door was made to feel welcome.  Most of the time Andrea and her team knew the lady's name and if not they did by the time she left.  They knew their customers so well and knew exactly what they would like, and if something didn't fit or look right, there was no hard sell or platitudes it was a case of "no that's not right for you, let's try something else".  The customers felt safe, they knew that what they were buying looked good and they knew not every other person they saw would be wearing the same thing.  It was a shopping experience, the customers were chatted to, looked after and the collections had been bought with them in mind.  I know what you're thinking too, this sounds expensive, but it isn't.  There is something to suit every budget and some fabulous, detailed knitwear for around £40.00.

I'm not being naive to the fact that such a personal service can't be expected on the high street, but there's definitely lessons to be learnt here.  You just had to listen to the way the customers were so loyal and how the new ones had been recommended to come down, to realise that this is something that all business should look to.

Please don't forget to support local independents, for without them all we have is mass produced clothes, being tried on 6 at a time in a less than pleasant changing room and where is the fun in that?

Tell me which independents do you shop in and what is it about them you like?

Andrea Claire
59-61 Station Road
Cheadle Hulme
SK8 7AA
www.andreaclaire.co.uk
0161 485 3331

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...