Description

MUSINGS OF A PERSONAL STYLE ADVISOR AND SHOPPER BASED IN CHESHIRE.

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Guest Styling at Modiste

I was really pleased to be asked to be the guest stylist at Modiste Boutique in Bramhall for their festive styling event.  We had such a great day, there were nibbles, bubbly, fabulous clothes, plenty of jewellery, make up and hairstyling, accessories and to top it all off - cake.  Ladies were invited to book slots with me so I could 'style them up' and boy did we have lots of takers.  I was so busy on the day I didn't get chance to take many pics.

As per usual when I'm shopping I was met with some resistance to some of my item suggestions "that won't suit me", "I'm too old to wear that" etc etc.  However I challenged the ladies to prove me wrong.  The didn't by the way :0)  I focused my selections on body shape and gave tips on how to dress to enhance their good bits and gave lots of hints on disguising the areas they were not so keen on.

Sue and her daughter Celia
Modiste, owned by Sue (who also creates made to measure pieces) is a lovely boutique, based in my native village of Bramhall.   The boutique first opened in 2008 and recently moved to the village square location.  Stocking labels such as Sugarhill Boutique, Mina, Ce Me and Nancy Dee to name just a few, there is something to suit all shapes (which made my job super easy).  The jewellery collection is definitely worth a view too, with some really unusual pieces and some real show stoppers and the prices are AMAZING with most of it being priced under £30!!

Here are some of my favourite pieces that are currently in store.

Mina Charlotte Dress
I love this (so much so that I bought it) it's super flattering and can be worn lots of different ways.  Dress it up with sparkle for a party, or with leggings and boots for the day.
Ce Me Taupe Jersey Dress
This has to win my award for super flattering dress of the day.  If you are conscious of a tum, then this is the dress for you.  The rouching at the sides nips you in and the wrap effect at the front hides any signs of a tum.
Mina Danielle Top
Until you put this top on you will not appreciate what it can do for you.  The sparkle clasp draws your eye to the waist.  Looks fab over a simple black vest and black trousers.
Sugarhill Boutique Jumpsuit
A great alternative to a dress and this one is super chic.  Don't be afraid of trying a jumpsuit, if you get the right style for your body shape they can look amazing.
Olivia looking gorgeous 
One of my favourite dresses was a teal Nancy Dee dress.  One of the ladies kindly agreed to pose for a pic after she had her hair and make up done and styled by me.  Everything she is wearing is from the store and I added the sparkly belt to highlight her waist and 'festive' up the dress.

So a fab day and a pleasure to work with Sue.  Sue regularly updates the Facebook page with the new stock as it arrives.  Modiste can be found at:
20 The Village Square
Bramhall
SK7 1AW

0161 478 5136

If you would like some help dressing for your body shape or choosing something for the festive season then please get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...